The text that follows is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link
Realising the benefits of digital networking
The fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0 (internet of things), stands for the coalescing of information and communication technology with automation and production technologies. The end result is the emergence of so-called Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), in which machines, storage systems, products and involved employees are networked both within the company as well as over several steps in the supply chain and can communicate with one another in real time.
This enables a paradigm change in management of product development and the entire supply chain:
- rigid production hierarchies are developed into active, autonomous and self-organising production units,
- central production planning and control are replaced by event-controlled self-regulation,
- intelligent products are clearly identifiable, can be localised whenever desired and find alternative routes that are adapted to events to their target condition,
- rigid valued-added supply chains become agile networks of value-added supply chains in which each partner can respond in a highly flexible manner and…
- the digital pervasiveness of engineering across the entire value-added supply chain facilitates flexible, customised and efficient processing.
In this way, on the one hand it is possible to offer small batch sizes and customised products at manufacturing costs, which do not exceed those of serial production significantly. On the other hand, it is also possible to achieve a highly flexible and prompt but customised market supply with conservation of resources at the same time.
ROI consulting offers you in the course of implementing Industry 4.0 approaches the following services:
- Industry 4.0 Scan: Evaluation of processes, plant and automation technology, IT-related and communication concepts in the fields of product design, engineering, industrialisation and production
- Illustration of Industry 4.0 use cases, which are of particular interest to your company
- Development of their Industry 4.0 strategy and implementation roadmap
- Impact of digitisation on your business model
- Design and implementation of the first pilot applications
- “Lean Digital” further development of lean production processes through targeted Industry 4.0 solutions
- Comprehensive support and backing
We safeguard the quality of our consultancy services in the field of Industry 4.0 by means of the following elements:
- Process-related, organisational, technological and IT knowhow from a single source
- IT know-how at the process, module and functional levels
- Proven partnerships with IT service providers in the Cloud, Big Data, M2M, ERP, MES etc. domains
- Experienced consultants who specialise in solving issues concerning integration and interfaces
- Covering the entire value-added supply chain: Product development, industrialisation, production and supply chain management
- Many years of experience and numerous references in the implementation of integrative process-related and IT projects.