We’ve seen a number of changes in the Household and Institutional Cleaners industry in the past year, and have curated some highlights to help you stay in-the-know.
- Euromonitor provided a recap of Cleaning Products US 2017,1 which indicates a growing interest in flexible and sustainable packaging for cleaning products.
- This recap also references the rise in the use of “smart” washing machines in Europe that may impact sales of laundry care products.
- DuPont Industrial Biosciences has identified four key global trends2 that impact product development:
- Replacing “transactions” with more engaging “experiences”
- Convenience and efficiency (saving time)
- Sustainable product at affordable prices
- According to Occams Research,3 a rising demand for bio-surfactants is a key factor that contributes to the growth of the global surfactants market. Favorable government initiatives also influence this demand and growth.
- In the next several years, Asia Pacific is forecast to be the fastest growing region.
- Use of biocides is expected to grow even faster than surfactants during 2018-2023, according to a report from Mordor Intelligence.4
- Per the Freedonia Group,5 global demand for industrial and institutional (I&I) cleaning chemicals is projected to increase $46.3 billion in 2018.
- This growth will be driven by growing interest in preventing the spread of disease in healthcare and food markets. This growth will benefit disinfectants and sanitizers the most.
- Aging populations across the world will put increased focus on keeping healthcare environments clean.
- In the more general marketplace, Trendwatching6 has pinpointed five trends for 2018, including how post-demographic consumers7 will be looking to brands to provide richer, more engaging, and educational experiences.
What trends do you see coming (or already in place) for 2018? Share your thoughts and insights with a comment below!
- Euromonitor: Packaging Trends and Laundry Care Innovations at Cleaning Products US 2017
- DuPont: These four consumer trends are shaping the way we clean
- Occams Research: Global Surfactants Market Insights, Opportunity Analysis, Market Shares and Forecast, 2017 – 2023
- Mordor Intelligence: Industrial & Institutional Cleaning Chemicals Market – Size, Share, and Forecast (2018 – 2023)
- Freedonia Group: World Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Cleaning Chemicals, Industry Study with Forecasts for 2018 & 2023 [PDF]
- Trendwatching: 5 Trends for 2018
- Trendwatching: Post-demographic consumerism
Continue at: https://knowledge.ulprospector.com/7617/hii-2018-household-institutional-cleaner-trends/?utm_source=strongmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New+Trend+Tuesday+eNewsletter
The text above is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link